Print Friendly Recipe
- Great side dish with baked ham or . . . .
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) quick grits
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cayenne pepper (more or less, to taste)
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can artichoke hearts, chopped, or use frozen cooked artichoke hearts
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease or spray with vegetable spray a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels; crumble.
- In a large saucepan, combine broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching.
- Remove grits from heat.
- Add the bacon and remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.