Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:18 or more cookies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) uncooked Wheatena
- Sift together flour, wheatena, salt and baking powder.
- Cream shortening and sugar, add milk and beaten egg, then the sifted ingredients.
- Drop on a greased cookie sheet, or roll very thin on a well floured board.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven, about 10 minutes.
- You can substitute Chocolate Flavored Malt-o-Meal, or any other dry "hot" cereal. Oatmeal doesn't work, but things more like Cream of Rice or Cream of Wheat do.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.