Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious healthy soup
- Valerie Williams
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups (700 ml) broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced green cabbage
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green beans
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). dried basil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced zucchini
- In a large saucepan, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute carrot, onion, and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until beans are tender.
- Stir in zucchini and heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- When I did Weight Watchers a few years ago, I got this recipe. It is really yummy and easy to customize. For instance, I don't like zucchini, so I just left that out and put in some broccoli instead. As long as you stick with non-starchy vegetables, it shouldn't affect the low-calorie aspect. At that time, this soup was shown as 0 points, meaning I could have it whenever I wanted! I made huge pots of it, and just warmed up a bowl at a time as a meal, or as a side to help fill up with something else yummy, etc. Even my then-husband, who definitely did not need to diet, loved this soup.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.