Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) bulk Italian sausage
- 4 cups (950 ml) meatless spaghetti sauce, (marinara)
- 16 oz (448 grm) mostaccioli, cooked and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 15 oz (420 grm) ricotta cheese
- 12 oz (336 grm) shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) freshly grated Romano cheese
- fresh basil for garnish
- In a Dutch oven, brown sausage; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and mostaccioli, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine egg, ricotta and Mozzarella.
- In a 13x9x2 inch baking pan or 2-1/2 quarts (2375 ml) to 3 quarts (2850 ml) casserole, spread one-half of the mostaccioli mixture; layer cheese mixture over all; top with remaining mostaccioli mixture.
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 40 minutes.
- Top with Romano cheese; bake 5 minutes more or until mixture is heated through.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
- Note: You can use 1/2 ground beef and 1/2 sausage.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.