Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 12 oz (336 grm). bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) unsalted butter
- 8 egg yolks in a small bowl
- 8 egg whites in a large bowl, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cognac
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) powdered sugar
- Place the chocolate and butter in the top of a double boiler on low heat.
- Slowly melt the chocolate, stirring constantly.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat, and gradually stir the mixture into the egg yolks, beating well.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Using electric beaters, beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir the cognac into the chocolate and egg mixture, then gently fold this into the egg whites.
- There should be not white streaks visible.
- Pour mousse into 1 quart (950 ml) serving dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, beat heavy cream with powdered sugar, and place small dollop of cream on chilled mousse.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.