Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) coriander
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce or tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup (225 ml) corn kernels (frozen are fine)
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks (roughly 1 large potato)
- Combine oil, chili powder, salt, cinnamon, coriander, cumin and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until spices are fragrant.
- Add onion and soy sauce, and saute, stirring frequently, until onions are just translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Heat until mixture reaches a strong simmer, about 5 minutes, then reduce to low, cover and let cook for 25 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir occasionally to ensure chili doesn't stick or burn.
- Serve hot.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.