Print Friendly Recipe
- Warm weather appetizer
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). cooked deveined shrimp (previously frozen o.k.)
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). artifical crab meat (real crab obviously o.k.)
- 1 whole tomato
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 jalapeno (cooked, raw or pickled: your choice)
- 1 white onion
- 1/4 bunch of cilanto (no stems)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) Clamato juice
- 1 dash Tapatio brand hot sauce
- 2 limes
- 1 Avocado (optional)
- Wash and shell the shrimp, drain well.
- Finely chop the shrimp and crab meat and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Finely chop all vegetables. I have found that the finer the better.
- Add all chopped vegetables to the shrimp and crab mixture in large bowl.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) Clamato juice.
- Cut the limes in half and squeeze juice into mixture.
- Add salt.
- Add several shots of Tapatio hot sauce into the mixture.
- Stir and stir, mixing well.
- If you use the avocado chop and add just before serving and lightly stir.
- Refrigerate overnight for best results.
- We use the ready made tostada shells. You can scoop the ceviche onto the tostada shell, or you can break the tostada and dip. You need a really strong chip to dip, and we have found that the tostadas work best.
This is the best warm weather appetizer there is!
Make sure the beer is cold!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.