Print Friendly Recipe
- Vandana Mathue
Serves/Makes:1 large bowl
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) pounded garlic flakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) wedged green chilles
- 1 cup (225 ml) salad oil
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground black peppercorns
- Wash and cut tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan.
- Put in garlic.
- Let garlic turn transparent, add tomatoes.
- Cook on slow flame for 30 minutes.
- Add green chilles, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir till oil comes on top.
- Store when cool in a jar.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for a month.
- Serve with asian savouries.
- Spicy and does well with Indian stuffed breads (prathas).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.