Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 2 lb (.9 kg) to 3 lbs (1.4 kg) sirloin roast
- lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vinegar
- 1 cup (225 ml) soy sauce
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). sugar
- Score roast 1/4 inch deep on both sides approximately 1 inch apart.
- Let it set at room temperature 1/2 to 1 hour before seasoning.
- Rub garlic (to taste) on both sides.
- Sprinkle with salt, squeeze fresh lemon juice on both sides.
- Pepper heavily.
- Pour one half of marinade over meat.
- Let set for 30 minutes.
- Sear meat on both sides.
- Remove and cover with foil and remaining marinade.
- Cook for 20 minutes or more (time depends on BBQ, 20 minutes on a Weber. For best results, use meat thermometer).
- Slice and eat. Always slice tri tip "across the grain" for tenderest eating.
- It is my understanding that a sirloin roast is called a tri-tip roast. The boneless sirloin tip is also called top sirloin, triangle and loin tip . The better grades can be oven-roasted; otherwise moist-heat methods should be used.
(A bottom round roast is called a tip roast.
Look for recipes for that, or use a tri-tip recipe with your sirloin roast.)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.