Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 9 x 13" pan
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). light corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) quartered candied cherries
- Combine sugar, sour cream, milk, butter, corn syrup and salt in a heavy 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan.
- Stir over moderate heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture reaches a boil.
- Boil over moderate heat 9 to 10 minutes to 238 degrees (125 C.) (soft ball stage). (Cook to 240 degrees (125 C.) if weather is damp.)
- Remove from heat and allow to stand until lukewarm or 110 degrees (45 C.) for about 1 hour.
- Add vanilla and beat until mixture just begins to lose its gloss and hold its shape. Requires very little beating.
- Quickly stir in nuts and cherries and pour into buttered pan.
- Let stand until firm before cutting.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.