Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:2 to 3 dozen
- 2 packages dry yeast (roughly 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) boiling water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine or butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add the 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar, and set aside.
- Pour boiling water over the remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, the margarine, and salt.
- Add eggs, and stir well.
- Then add in the yeast mixture, and 2 cups (475 ml) of the flour.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Add the rest of the flour (2 1/2 cups).
- Let rise for one hour, then refrigerate until cold.
- (Note: this can be refrigerated overnight)
- Roll out very thin (about 1/4-inch) on floured surface, and cut into 3-inch squares.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve with butter and honey, or coated with granulated sugar.
- Found at recipeazaar.com
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.