Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) water, lukewarm
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Continue to blend until mixture resembles a smooth paste.
- Cover with a towel and put in a warm place to ferment.
- Stir several times each day.
- In 2 to 3 days the starter will be ready to use.
- store starter in a glass jar or heavy plastic container in the refrigerator.
- Cover lightly allowing air to circulate.
- Every 3 or 4 days or after each use, the starter should be fed with 1 cup (225 ml) flour, 1 cup (225 ml) milk and 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar (or less depending on desired sweetness).
- Return to refrigerator and cover lightly.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.