Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen Callaghan
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely crushed Cornflakes
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chicken stock powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground white pepper
- oil for deep frying
- Place chicken drumsticks in a large pan of boiling water, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 8 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Drain and place chicken drumsticks in a large bowl and cover with cold water.
- Combine cornflakes, sifted flour, garlic and onion salts, stock powder and white pepper in a medium bowl.
- Dip wet drumsticks, one at a time, into the seasoned flour mixture; shaking off any excess flour.
- Heat oil in a deep heavy based pan.
- Gently add drumsticks a few at a time, cooking over a medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel; keeping warm.
- Repeat with remaining pieces and serve hot.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.