Print Friendly Recipe
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) superfine granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) seedless green grapes
- 20 fresh thyme sprigs (preferably lemon thyme)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) green cardamom pods* (about 25 per 2 tsp), crushed
- 2 750-ml bottles fruity white wine such as a dry Reisling
- Garnish: small (pesticide-free) edible flower blossoms such as Johnny-Jump-Ups or garden pea blossoms
- Stir together sugar and water in a bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Crush grapes in a 2 quarts (1900 ml) pitcher or bowl with a potatoe masher.
- Add sugar syrup and remaining ingredients.
- Steep covered, and chilled, at least 8 hours.
- Pour sangria through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean pitcher.
- Serve over ice.
- Cooks note: Sangria can be steeped up to one day.
*Green cardamom pods available at Indian markets, specialty food shops and Kalustyan's (800-352-3451); kalustyans.com
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.