Print Friendly Recipe
- Thai Vegan Fried Rice
- Martha Purdy
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked long-grain rice (cold)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) fresh ground black pepper
- 6 oz (168 grm). green beans, diced
- 4 oz (112 grm). fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 ml) thai green curry paste
- 3 scallions
- 1 cucumber, peeled,sliced in half,and with seeds removed
- 1 lime
- Prepare the garnishes: cut the scallions on a slight diagonal into 1-inch lengths, cut the cucumber into very thin slices, cut the lime into wedges; set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat and add the oil.
- When the oil is very hot and slightly smoking, add the garlic, onion, and black pepper and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the green beans and corn and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cold cooked rice and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and curry paste and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the scallions, cucumber, and lime, and serve hot.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.