Print Friendly Recipe
- Scald tomatoes in boiling water 2 minutes.
- Soak tomatoes in cold water 1 minute, peel, core, quarter and pack into clean jars. Add no water.
- Add 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt to each pint jar, and 1 tsp (5 ml). salt to each quart jar.
- Wipe rims of jars with a clean cloth and then place caps on jars.
- Screw bands on firmly then process in hot water bath 35 minutes; or in pressure canner, 10 minutes at 5 lbs (2.3 kg). pressure; or in oven, for 75 minutes set at 250 degrees (125 C.).
- Make sure tops are are sealed and do not pop when pressed.
- If lids pop, refridgerate and use first.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.