Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious sweet pickles from regular dills or Kosher dills
- Jerry Waters
- 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) regular dill (or Kosher) pickles
- 5 cups (1175 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) tarragon vinegar
- 1 jar stemless maraschino cherries (for Christmas gifts)
- Drain all juice.
- Slice, chunk or spear pickles.
- Put back into jar.
- Add 1 cup (225 ml) tarragon vinegar and 5 cups (1175 ml) sugar.
- Replace top on jar.
- Invert several times daily for 3 days.
- Put in half-pint or pint jars.
- Makes 11-12 half-pints.
- Keep in refrigerator.
- At Christmas, I add a jar of stemless maraschino cherries to the pickling mixture for color. These are delicious, crisp, sweet pickles, much better than bought, and make nice gifts.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.