Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 lbs. approx.
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). ground beef (least expensive is best)
- 5 tsp (25 ml). (rounded) Morton Tender Quick Salt
- 3 tsp (15 ml). whole mustard seed
- 3 tsp (15 ml). coarse ground pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). Hickory Smoke Salt
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml). garlic salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). whole black pepper
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix spices together.
- Gradually add spice mixture to meat, mixing thoroughly with your hands.
- Cover and refrigerate until next day.
- On day 2, mix well again. Cover and refrigerate.
- On day 3, mix again.
- Form 5 one pound logs and place on a broiler pan.
- Bake on lower rack of oven at 150 degrees (70 C.) for 8 hours.
- Turn salami's 1/4 turn every 2 hours.
- Salami will form its own crust.
- Freezes well.
- found at cooks.com
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.