Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 dried red New Mexico chiles, stems removed, crushed
- 4 fresh jalapeno or serrano chiles, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) freshly grated coconut
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked rice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). mustard seeds
- 2 tsp (10 ml). peanuts
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cashews
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- several fresh whole red and green chiles for garnish
- Roast the coconut in a dry frying pan until it is golden brown, then mix in the rice and salt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil and fry the mustard seeds, peanuts, and cashews, but take care they do not burn.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the rice and coconut, and
- mix well.
- Garnish with the whole red and green chiles.
- Editor's Note: Beware, looks like this recipe could be pretty spicy!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.