Print Friendly Recipe
- Vinegar based BBQ Sauce
- Friends in North Carolina
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot pepper sauce (Tabasco or use your favorite)
- In a large pot, mix together cider vinegar, salt, crushed red pepper, red pepper flakes, light brown sugar and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to stand covered cooling on the stove at least 3 hours before serving on meat.
- This sauce can be served hot or cold.
- Excellent and very different from tomato or honey-mustard based BBQ sauce.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.