Print Friendly Recipe
- vinegar sauce for pulled pork
- Vicky Bryant
Serves/Makes: 2 cups approx.
- 2 cups (475 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). kosher salt (makes a huge difference so use kosher)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot sauce (my personal fav. is Chalula)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). to 2 tsp (10 ml). hot red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 tsp (5 ml). to 2 tsp (10 ml). black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a nonreactive mixing bowl and whisk until the salt and brown sugar dissolve.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Add amount of hot pepper flakes you want.
- Transfer the sauce to a very clean or even a sterile jar and store in refrigerator.
- Will keep for several months (if not more).
- Can also be used with chopped cabbage to make a vinegar slaw for pulled pork sandwiches.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.