Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 tsp (10 ml) peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) minced ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced green onions
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced jalape o peppers
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat peanut butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) lite coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) Asian chili sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved, and cut into 2" cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) julienned red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced carrots
- 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked capellini pasta
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green onions, and jalape os and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, peanut butter, coconut milk, chili sauce, and sugar.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the broth in another skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute the chicken in the broth for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, red peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until the chicken is done and vegetables are crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken and vegetable mixture to the sauce.
- Toss the peanut sauce with the capellini and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.