Print Friendly Recipe
- A sweet bannanalicious bread
- Emma and Jan
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or stick margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mashed very ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk (I use powdered buttermilk)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts, if desired
- Move oven rack to low position.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans with shortening.
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl
- Stir in eggs until well blended
- Stir in bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts(optional).
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick placed in middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Blueberry-Banana Bread: Stir 1 cup fresh or frozen
blueberries into batter. (we used the nuts and the blueberries and it was real yummy!)
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.