Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 angel food cake pan
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 lb (.5 kg). candy orange slices, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pitted dates, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 3-1/4 oz (91 grm). can or 1 cup (225 ml) coconut(flaked)
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- Mix together flour and salt.
- Combine candy orange slices, pitted dates, walnuts or pecans and coconut.
- 1/2 Add of the flour mixture and mix well.
- Cream 1 cup (225 ml) butter and 2 cups (475 ml) of sugar.
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time.
- Combine 1 tsp (5 ml) soda and 1/2 cup (125 ml) of buttermilk.
- Add milk and flour mixture alternately and blend after each addition.
- Add candy mixture and mix well.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for one hour and 45 minutes in a large angel food cake pan that has been well greased. It may take longer to bake. Test with a toothpick.
- Combine 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice and 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar for glaze.
- As soon as cake is removed from oven, pour glaze mixture over the top.
- Store cooled cake in refrigerator overnight before removing from pan.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.