Print Friendly Recipe
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:1 10 cup bundt cake
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 4 sticks butter, softened
- 6 jumbo eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) plus 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon extract
- 3 cups (700 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 3 tsp (15 ml) lemon zest
- Heat oven to 360 degrees (175 C.) and spray a 10 cups (2350 ml) bundt pan with PAM.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs--one at a time--mixing very well after each addition.
- Then add in vanilla and lemon extracts mixing until smooth.
- Mix flour with the baking powder, then add to the butter/egg mixture and mix for 30-40 seconds.
- Add lemon zest and mix for an additional minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove from pan, dust with non-melting powdered sugar (available from the King Arthur Baker's Catalog)and let cool completely prior to serving.
- I live at an altitude of 6,700 feet and this recipe works very well. Enjoy.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.