Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 tube cake
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 16 oz (448 grm). orange-flavored fruit slice jelly candies, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) flaked coconut
- 1 cup (225 ml) orange juice
- 2 cups (475 ml) confectioners sugar
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar well.
- Add eggs, flour mixture, soda, and buttermilk; mix well. Fold in orange slices, dates, nuts, and coconut.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 1 3/4 to 2 hours.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Mix together juice and confectioner's sugar; pour over hot cake while still in pan.
- Cool cake in pan for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto cake plate. Cool completely.
- from allrecipes.com Submitted by: Barbara
"Excellent for the holidays. Better baked ahead of time. DELICIOUS flavor gets better with age." Original recipe yield: 1 tube cake.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.