Print Friendly Recipe
- Leftover holiday dish
- 3 cups (700 ml) leftover cooked turkey, chicken, ham or pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Italian seasoning mix
- 3 cups (700 ml) turkey stock or 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- cooked noodles or rice
- Combine all ingrediants except noodles or rice.
- If using a slow cooker 4-6 hours on low or in a dutch oven till vegetables are cooked.
- Add cooked rice or noodles and serve.
- I like to slow cook so thats what I did but a regular pot is ok too. If you want to make this for child friendly try using fun shaped pasta like stars or alphabet noodles. Also goldfish crackers.
You can also top the soup with grated cheese or parmesan cheese.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.