Print Friendly Recipe
- 5 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 2 med. bananas
- 1 dash of salt & nutmeg
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) hot milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- Boil potatoes until tender, peel and mash.
- Mash bananas and add to potatoes.
- Add salt and nutmeg and enough hot milk to moisten.
- Add egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat egg white until stiff and fold into mix.
- Put in 2 quarts (1900 ml) greased casserole.
- Mix brown sugar and chopped nuts and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Melt butter and drizzle over casserole.
- Bake at 475 degrees (250 C.) 10 to 15 minutes (needs to be hot throughout).
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.