Print Friendly Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated orange or lemon peel
- 1 cup (225 ml) dairy sour cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Generously grease and lightly flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating until well blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and orange peel; add alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; invert onto serving plate.
- Cool completely.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.