Print Friendly Recipe
- A quick version of this famous cake from St. Louis.
- Vivian, Miami FL
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1 box of confectioners sugar
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla extract
- Mix together cake mix, 2 eggs, vanilla extract and butter. Batter will be thick.
- Spread into a 13 X 9 inch greased and floured pan.
- Blend remaining 2 eggs, all but 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the confectioners sugar and softened cream cheese.
- Pour over batter.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml). of confectioners sugar on top.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Do not over bake or topping will not be gooey.
- This recipe was shared by a friend. It's always a hit.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.