Print Friendly Recipe
- memaw from Diane
Serves/Makes:24 servings / 1 sheet cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) almond extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts or pecans
- In large sauce pan, boil margarine and water.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 tsp (5 ml) almond extract and baking soda til smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Cool for about 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter and milk in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and mix in sugar and almond extract.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread frosting over warm cake.
- Cal 344, chol. 51 mg. carb. 48.1 g.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.