Print Friendly Recipe
- Small glass or stainless steel pot
- 1 to 2 cups (475 ml) fresh vegetable
- or fruit of choice; peeled, sliced,diced,
- Cold tap water to cover vegetable
- or distilled bottled water
- Blender or fork to mash or puree.
- Basic Baby Food:
- Cook 1 to 2 cups (475 ml) desired vegetable/fruit in small pot, uncovered (green vegetables will be more colorful if not covered)until fork tender.
- Remove from heat immediately, and pour out into another container (stops heat from pot from extending cooking time).
- Serve mashed or process in blender OR if baby is into finger foods let cool and serve.
- Or place in muffin tin or cupcake tin to quick freeze.
- Remove after frozen and place in zip lock freezor bag.
- Date and use. (I never got into canning.)
- Note: Avoid spices, salt, peppers in baby's food until baby gets older. Introduce new foods gradually into child's diet per your doctor's recommendations. DON'T mix vegetables or fruits in your baby's food until you know which one's your child CAN eat (allergies possible). Note: all containers that you use for preparing baby's food should be sterilized before use (bowls/muffin tins). Don't let food sit at room temperature before serving/freezing for extended length of time.
Usually I just cook a family size pot of the vegetable first; remove a plain portion of fruit/vegetable/meat then spice/salt/pepper food for rest of family.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.