Print Friendly Recipe
- Yummy tummy warmer with a hint of curry
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 large sweet potatos, peeled and cubed
- 1 large yam, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped celery
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped carrots
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). curry powder, heaping
- 4 chicken or vegetable bullion cubes
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ginger grated or powdered
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp (5 ml). basil
- water to cover
- In a large pot, simmer onions and celery in butter until onions become clear.
- Once clear, add curry powder and ginger and mix till heated and fragrant.
- Add sweet potatos, yams,and carrots.
- Add just enough water to cover.
- In a small pot, combine one cup water and bullion cubes; heat just to a boil.
- Pour bullion into the large pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat down to just a simmer adding remaining spices and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer 2 hours, adding water as needed.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
- Very easy, and so tasty, goes well with baking powder bisquits.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.