Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 bundt cake
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) sifted flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole fresh cranberries
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped dates (or raisins)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) salad oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- Sift flour and measure.
- Sift again with sugar, salt, and soda and baking powder. Stir into the flour mixture, the dates, nuts, cranberries, and orange rind.
- Combine beaten eggs and buttermilk with oil.
- Add to flour and fruit mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Bake in a greased and floured bundt pan for 1 hour at 325 degrees (175 C.).
- While cake is hot, heat glaze ingredients until sugar is dissolved, do not boil.
- Pour over hot cake in pan and let stand for 30 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.