Print Friendly Recipe
- Theresa C.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) boiling water
- 5 Tbsp (70 ml). butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) toasted bread crunbs
- Beat the eggs and add milk and water.
- Stir in the flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg; mix well.
- Bring the water to a boil and add 2 tsp (10 ml) salt.
- The spaetzle should be light, so check batter by dropping 1/2 tsp (2 ml) into boiling water.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes and check the noodle, if it is not light, add a couple more tbsp water to the batter.
- Force the dough through Spaetzle maker or use a plastic bag for forming noodles.
- Put all the dough into a heavy self sealing plastic food bag and cut one corner off.
- Make the cut fairly small so that you can press the dough abouth the size of a pencil.
- Cut off 1 inch pieces and quickly put into the boiling water.
- Boil 6 to 8 minutes, remove and drain.
- Heat a large frying pan and melt butter.
- Lightly brown the spaetzle in the butter.
- Top with bread crumbs and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.