Print Friendly Recipe
- Theresa C.
Serves/Makes:60 sopapillas or more
- 1/2 package dry yeast
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder (1 tsp (5 ml) for each cup of flour)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- Powdered sugar (if desired)
- hot oil for frying.
- In a large bowl add yeast to water and dissolve.
- Add egg, milk and sugar.
- Mix until mixture starts to form.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder a little at a time and mix to a thick dough.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Put dough on floured board and roll very thin.
- Cut into 2 inch squares or triangles.
- Fry in hot oil until brown.
- When done roll sopapilla in powdered sugar.
- They are great with chocolate syrup or honey for dipping.
You can put part of the dough in the refrigerator for a couple of days, if all is not used.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.