Print Friendly Recipe
- The real thing from Mexico
- Memaw from Ellin
- 8 cups (1900 ml) shortening for frying
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white sugar
- honey for drizzling (optional)
- Heat 8 cups (1900 ml) shortening in deep-fryer to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- In large bowl add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in 2 tbsp (30 ml) shortening til resembles course crumbs.
- Gradually stir water til dough holds together.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll each piece into 8" balls.
- Cut each ball into 8 wedges.
- Fry the wedges til light brown and puff up.
- Drain, and roll either in cinnamon and sugar mixture or drizzle with honey.
- Prep time 15 min. Cook time, 20 min. Cal. 251 Chol. 0 mg, carb. 30.5 g
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.