Print Friendly Recipe
- A delicious vegi casserole
- The Redwall Cookbook
- unsalted butter, for the casserole dish
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed sliced sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 turnip or 1/2 rutabaga, peeled and diced
- 4 leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable stock
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cups (475 ml) or 4 oz (112 grm). grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease a large casserole dish wiith butter.
- Arrange the vegetables in alternate layers in the dish, beginning and ending with potatoes.
- Pour the stock over the vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid or with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and cheese and sprinkle them on top of the casserole.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake, uncovered, until the topping is crisp and starting to brown, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- It's extremely good. I'm a pro chef and I love serving this to my family and friends. This just happens to be one of my most popular recipes. By the way I say THANK YOU BRIAN JACQUES for allowing me to create your Redwall masterpiece.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.