Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shallots, sliced thin
- 1 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, slice thin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). curry powder
- 1/2 fresh lime, juice only
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple juice or Chinese sherry
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red chili paste
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). demi-glace
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- In a non-reactive or stainless steel sauce pan, saute shallots, ginger, garlic, and bell peppers in peanut oil for 1-2 minutes or until shallots are translucent.
- Add curry powder and cook briefly.
- Add lime juice and apple juice or sherry and reduce by half.
- Add demi-glace, chili paste, vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a boil and stir until demi-glace is dissolved and sauce is at the desired consistency.
- Add soy sauce, then strain and serve over vegetable, chicken, or fish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.