Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1/2 small chicken with bone in
- 5 large carrots
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) parsley, finely chopped or dried
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rice
- 2 cups (475 ml) peas
- Fill a large soup or stew pot 3/4 full with water.
- Add cleaned chicken with skin removed.
- Peel and add all carrots whole.
- Peel and add all potatoes cut in quarters.
- Peel and cut onion in quarters and add to the pot.
- Peel and add garlic.
- Clean and cut the entire cauliflower in 1/4s and add to pot (your pot will be very full, but this is okay, it will shrink as it cooks).
- Let chicken and vegetables boil about 1 hour on medium heat.
- When chicken is cooked remove from pot and set aside to cool.
- Remove pot from stove and with hand blender puree every thing in the pot.
- Fill pot with more water, put back on the burner, and add parsley, rice and peas.
- When chicken has cooled remove from bone and with fingers cut small pieces and add back to the pot.
- Let boil for another 15 minutes, then its finished.
- This is one of my childrens favorite soups, lots of vegetables without the chunks, creamy without to much starch, very healthy and delicious. Try it--I guarantee you'll love it!!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.