Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 green peppers
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked white rice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt (or more to taste)
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). jar Ragu Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 bag egg noodles, cooked
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds and white parts.
- Mix beef with rice, egg and seasonings.
- Stuff into cleaned peppers.
- Place peppers in a large pot, pour sauce over peppers and cook on medium to medium low for 2 hours. It should be simmering, not boiling.
- If sauce gets too thick you can add a little water. Add about 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 3/4 cup (175 ml) water. I usually do right from the start.
- You can also cook in a crockpot if you like.
- Serve over egg noodles! Yummy!
- This is the way Mom always made it and to this day is one of my favorite (if not the favorite) home-cooked meals. Very easy and simple to make too! If you have any leftover meat mixture, just shape them into meatballs and drop them in the pot with the peppers.
If you are looking for a recipe without onions or garlic be sure to read the ingredient listing on the spaghetti sauce jar.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.