Print Friendly Recipe
- A unique BBQ sauce kicked up with watermelon
- Charley Powell
Serves/Makes:2 cups +/-
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter (yes, real butter)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced/chopped garlic
- 1 onion, pureed in food processor or FINELY chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) brown sugar
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) Worchestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) bacon grease
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Liquid Smoke
- 1 cup (225 ml) catsup
- 1 cup (225 ml) pureed watermelon
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- Combine butter, onion and garlin in saucepan and saute until well blended and softened.
- Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium heat and continue stiring for about 10 minutes, allowing all ingredients' flavors to come out.
- Strain to remove all remaining "pulp".
- Bring sauce back to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and continue to stir and watch closely until sauce is reduced down to desired consistency.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.