Print Friendly Recipe
- British/Canadian vegetable side dish
- Betty Irving
- l large eggplant
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 8 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- l medium green pepper, diced
- l medium onion, diced
- l 14 oz (392 grm). to 16 oz (448 grm). can chopped or diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter or margarine
- Peel and dice eggplant.
- Boil in saucepan covered with water and 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt for 10 minutes. Drain thououghly.
- Saute onion and green pepper, add crumbled bacon and canned tomatoes.
- Mix in drained eggplant and place in casserole.
- Top with fine bread crumbs mixed with l/4 cup melted butter or margarine.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 45 minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.