Print Friendly Recipe
- Tammy Foley
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 4 oz (112 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen, chopped spinach (thawed)
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 10 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz (224 grm). fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and sliced
- Combine the butter, cream cheese and 1 cup (225 ml) flour in a small bowl.
- With a pastry blender or fork, cut the butter and cheese into the flour until crumbly.
- Place the flour mixture in a pie plate or quiche pan and press evenly to form a crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Drain spinach well.
- In a large bowl combine the spinach with 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour and the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg-vegetable mixture into the chilled pastry shell and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Serve hot!
- This freezes and reheats beautifully. Here's a shortcut, instead of cooking bacon, use bacon bits!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.