Print Friendly Recipe
- Hyderabadi Style
- MeMaw from RebeccaKalakota
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Ghee (clarified butter)
- 20 whole cloves
- 9 whole cardamom pods
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 med. onion chopped
- 5 small green chili peppers
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ginger garlic paste
- 1 (3lb.) whole chicken cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 6 fresh curry leaves (optional)
- 3 cups (700 ml) raw rice ( jasmine or white)
- 4-1/8 cups (975 ml) water
- 1 sprig parsley leaves with stems
- Soak rice for 30 minutes in enough water to cover, drain.
- Heat ghee in large skillet.
- Stir in cloves, caradmom and bay leaves.
- Stir in onion and cook til soft, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in chili peppers and ginger paste.
- Stir in yogurt, salt, and curry, and place chicken in pan.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes until only about 1 cup (225 ml) of liquid remains.
- Mix in rice, water, parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Check rice after about 12 minutes. If it's dry, add 1/2 cup (125 ml) water and continue cooking.
- Prep tme 20 min. Cook time 55 min. Cal. 570 Chol. 65 mg., carb. 70.4 g.
There is a more involved recipe, if you would like that, let me know. Hope you enjoy.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.