Print Friendly Recipe
- made with chocolate chips
- MeMaw from Betsy
Serves/Makes:2 lbs. candy
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped almonds, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spread the almonds in shallow pan and toast for 7 minutes. Set aside. Turn off oven
- Spread 1 cup (225 ml) of chips in a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepan.
- Blend in sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly to hard crack stage (300 degrees).
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) almonds.
- Immediately spread mixture over chips in pan. Do Not Disturb Chips.
- Sprinkle remaining almonds and remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) chips over mixture.
- Score into 1 1/2" squares.
- Cool completely, remove from pan and break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.