Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped almonds, divided use
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided use
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spread 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped almonds in shallow pan and toast at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 7 minutes or until golden. Set aside. (Turn off oven.)
- Spread one cup of the chips in a buttered 13x9 inch pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepan.
- Blend in sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to hard crack stage, 300 degrees (150 C.) on a candy thermometer or until syrup when dropped into cold water separates into hard and brittle threads.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of toasted almonds.
- Immediately spread mixture over chips in pan (do not disturb chips).
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) of toasted almonds and remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chocolate chips over mixture.
- Score into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Cool completely, remove from pan and break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.