Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- oil (for frying)
- In medium saucepan, mix pineapple and water. Heat to near boiling. Reduce heat.
- Combine sugar, 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). flour and cinnamon. Add slowly to pineapple mixture. Remove from heat when thickened.
- Measure 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour, salt, and baking powder into bowl.
- Cut in shortening.
- Blend milk and egg together. Add this to flour mixture. Roll out small portions of crust on floured surface.
- Place a spoonful of fruit in the middle; fold in half and seal edges.
- Fry in hot oil over medium heat.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.