Print Friendly Recipe
- Savory muffin-sized Yorkshire puddings.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) reserved pan drippings from roast prive rib or 6 tbsp (90 ml) olive oil
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Sift flour and salt into egg mixture; whisk until blended and smooth.
- Whisk in all herbs.
- Let batter stand at room temperature at keast 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 3 hours. Rewhisk before using.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Place 16 standard (1/3 cup) metal muffin cups in oven to preheat 10 minutes.
- Place 1 tsp (5 ml) chrippings from rib roast in each muffin cup.
- Return pan to oven until drippings are very hot, about 8 minutes.
- Immediately spoon 2 generous tbspfuls batter atop hot drippings in each muffin cup.
- Bake until puddings are golden and puffy, about 12 minutes (puddings will sink in center but edges will stay puffy.
- Serve hot.
- From Bon Appetit magazine December 2001.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.