Print Friendly Recipe
- memaw from dancer
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) wild rice
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) hot water
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown rice
- 1 large tart apple
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) miced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins or currants
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cardamom
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- Soak wild rice in 1 cup (225 ml) hot water in pan with a tight fitting lid for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer covered for 45 minutes.
- Dice apples and toss with lemon juice. Add peppers, celery, red onion, raisins, and almonds.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Add cooked rice and dressing and toss to combine.
- cal. 318, chol. 0 mg., carb. 60.1 g.
time approx. 90 min. sorry, exact time not given
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.